Hinweis zum Urheberrecht
Bericht / Forschungsbericht / Abhandlung zugänglich unter
Report of the SECOND FAO AD HOC EXPERT ADVISORY PANELFOR THE ASSESSMENT OF PROPOSALS TO AMEND APPENDICES I AND II OF CITES CONCERNING COMMERCIALLY-EXPLOITED AQUATIC SPECIES Rome, 26–30 March 2007
|BK - Klassifikation:
||21.3 Küsten- und Hochseefischerei
||Bericht / Forschungsbericht / Abhandlung
||FAO Fisheries Reports
|Kurzfassung auf Deutsch:
||The second FAO Ad Hoc Expert Advisory Panel for the Assessment of Proposals to Amend Appendices I and II of CITES Concerning Commercially-exploited Aquatic Species was held at FAO headquarters from 26 to 30 March 2007. The Panel was convened in response to the agreement by the twenty-fifth session of the FAO Committee on Fisheries (COFI) on the Terms of Reference for an ad hoc expert advisory panel for assessment of proposals to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), and to the endorsement of the twenty-sixth session of COFI to convene the Panel for relevant proposals to future CITES Conference of the Parties.
The objectives of the Panel were to:
- assess each proposal from a scientific perspective in accordance with the CITES biological listing criteria (Resolution Conf. 9.24 [Rev. CoP13]);
- comment, as appropriate, on technical aspects of the proposal in relation to biology, ecology, trade and management issues, as well as, to the extent possible, the likely effectiveness for conservation.
The Panel considered the following seven proposals submitted to the CITES fourteenth Conference of the Parties:
• CoP14 Prop. 15. Proposal to include Lamna nasus (porbeagle shark) on CITES Appendix II in accordance with Article II paragraph 2(a).
• CoP14 Prop. 16. Proposal to include Squalus acanthias (spiny dogfish) on CITES Appendix II in accordance with Article II paragraph 2(a).
• CoP14 Prop. 17. Proposal to include all species of the family Pristidae (sawfishes) in Appendix I of CITES in accordance with Article II paragraph 1.
• CoP14 Prop. 18. Proposal to include Anguilla anguilla (European eel) on Appendix II in accordance with Article II paragraph 2(a).
• CoP14 Prop. 19. Proposal to include Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai cardinalfish) on Appendix II in accordance with Article II paragraph 2(a).
• CoP14 Prop. 20. Proposal to include the species of Panulirus argus and P. laevicauda of the Brazilian lobster population on Appendix II of CITES, in accordance with Article II paragraphs 2(a) and 2(b).
• CoP14 Prop. 21. Proposal to include all species in the genus Corallium (red/pink corals) in Appendix II of CITES in accordance with Article II paragraph 2(a).
This report includes the assessment of each of the seven proposals by the Panel.